Delicious Clean Eating Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
However, inbetween a hectic lifestyle (I wouldn't have it any other way), I managed to devise this delicious chocolate chip cookie recipe.
I wanted to bake some cookies that all the family would enjoy with coconut oil, as I have been reading up lately on its health benefits, and I also wanted to use muscovado sugar (or dark brown sugar) rather than white sugar.
1. Preheat oven to 175C (that's 350F). Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, using an electric hand mixer, cream together coconut oil and the muscovado sugar with the stevia until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat well with mixer. Gradually pour in dry ingredients, beating until well-incorporated after each addition. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. I used a rectangular cookie cutter but you can roll the misture into balls no larger than an inch wide, and place them 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
5. Bake for 10 minutes, or until edges are just starting to turn light brown. Let cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes, then transfer cookies to cool.